Lionel Messi may be the GOAT, but he’s only the seventh most valuable player in the world currently, according to a new report.
The CIES Football Observatory reckon the Barcelona captain is worth €171.2m, which is way below PSG striker Kylian Mbappe who tops the charts at €218.5m
Here’s a look at the top 10 most valuable players, according to the CIES.
1. Kylian Mbappe (PSG) – €218.5m
2. Harry Kane (Tottenham) – €200.3m
3. Neymar (PSG) – €197.1m
4. Raheem Sterling (Manchester City) – €185.8m
5. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) – €184.3m
6. Paulo Dybala (Juventus) – €171.9m
7. Lionel Messi (Barcelona) – €171.2m
8. Romelu Lukaku (Manchester United) – €162.0m
9. Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona) – €157.0m
10. Leroy Sane (Manchester City) – €156.1m
Barcelona’s other representative in the top 10 is Philippe Coutinho who comes in just behind Messi at €157.0m.
The valuations are determined by the CIES’ ‘exclusive algorithm’ which considers a variety of attributes including age, results, position and league. More details are available here.
What do you make of the list? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!